Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Serpent's Shadow




The Serpent's Shadow
is the last book in Rick Riordan’s series The Kane Chronicles. This last book is a conclusion to the two other books. I have read this book four times and think it is a wonderful book. The plot is that two young siblings, Carter and Sadie Kane, discover that they are magicians and that they are related too the pharaohs of ancient times. They battle demons and attempt to subdue the uprising of the giant snake Apophis, the evil lord of chaos. In this last book they must discover the secret of the serpent’s shadow. To do this they must find a ghost, Setne, an ancient ruler of Egypt and persuade him to give the location of the Book of Thoth, their only hope to defeat Apophis and save the world. With Sadie’s friend Walt on the verge of death, and Carter’s girlfriend Zia possessed by a god, the Kane family is in disarray, but somehow they must pull together and prevent the world to sink into the endless sea of chaos. This is probably, I think, his most successful book in his Kane Chronicles. Rick Riordan has written two other series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and his series that is not finished yet, The Heros of Olympus, both about Greek and Roman gods and demigods. This is a wonderful series and I suggest reading all of Rick Riordan’s series about demigods and magicians. Rick Riordan has also written a book in The 39 Clues series.

*

8 comments:

  1. This is an excellent review of The Serpent's Shadow. It leaves me wondering, however, did they kill Apophis and restore the world? Actually, I'm glad you did not reveal the ending! I will need to read this book to know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenny,
    Well, first you can't kill a god only subdue one. Did I say kill in my review? I didn't mean to, but the world is still here.

    thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you didn't say 'kill', I just assumed it. I think I need to brush up on my gods by reading Heros of Olympus. Thanks again LA Tonkovich!

      Delete
    2. Dear Jenny,


      You can always borrow some of my Rick Riordan books.
      Louis

      Delete
  3. Wow! I've fought many demons, but never a giant snake. I can only imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave I never knew your name was Womack. Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, Louis. Rick Riordan is not appreciated as much as he should be; he writes with humor and good research.

    Dan de Roulet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think so too. Thanks for reading!!!

    Louis

    ReplyDelete